Get Social With Accent American:

Do You Have Mold in Your House? How dangerous is it?

mold in your house

Do You Have Mold in Your House? How dangerous is it?

How Dangerous is Mold in Your House?

mold remediation

Everyone wants the safest, healthiest home environment for their families. You would do anything to protect your loved ones from exposure to any substance that could cause them harm.

One of those feared substances is “mold” and with what you have seen in the news in recent years, exposure to harmful or “toxic” mold in your house has affected the health of countless people — folks just like you.

This brings up the all-important question: Just exactly how dangerous is mold in your house?

That’s a tricky question, because there are many types of mold and it is virtually everywhere. There is probably a little bit in your attic right now. Your shoes when you came home yesterday no doubt brought in a few spores. Mold spores can be in breathable space and travel in the air.

When you step outside, you are surrounded by mold. There’s nothing you can do about that. The main concern is usually what’s in the home, not outside, although if you are sensitive to mold you should avoid all damp areas that could promote mold growth, inside and out.

Some people are affected by even the smallest amounts of mold. They may have nasal issues, watery eyes, coughing and other physical reactions. A smaller segment of the population are very sensitive to exposure to mold, having severe reactions that can be life threatening. Others aren’t affected at all, and can be around and/or exposure to all types of molds with no apparent sensitivities.

The CDC has plenty of information for those concerned with mold in homes. One of the issues they raise is keeping moisture out of homes. “Mold will grow in places with a lot of moisture, such as around leaks in roofs, windows, or pipes, or where there has been flooding,” according to the CDC government website.

The issue is twofold if mold is growing in your home. You must clean it up or have it cleaned up, and you must fix the moisture problem. You can do your research on how to fix the problem, but the best solution is, no doubt, getting expert advice from your professional water damage restoration contractor or mold removal or remediation company. Keep your family safe. Call the experts at Accent American.

About the Author

accent_adminKen Jordan is an IICRC Certified Master Cleaner and Master Restorer since 1994. He is professionally certified in carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, tile and grout cleaning, water damage restoration, fire and smoke damage restoration and mold remediation.View all posts by accent_admin →

"Accent American is smart, fast and responsive, and they helped make my home look perfect again!"

- Patrick H. - Tampa, FL